Skip to main content
Before you Begin: Know the Assignment
- What length is your final paper supposed to be?
- How many resources are required?
- What types of resources are required?
- When is the assignment due?
Before Searching: Develop a Strategy
- PRE-search several topics that you are interested in to see what kind of information is available. Will there be enough to support the assignment requirements?
- Is there a way to narrow or expand your topic using keywords? These will become your search terms.
- Example Thesis: "From patriotic to protest, music during periods of war has always been a reflection of the social climate."
- Example Keywords: War, Protest, Patriotic, Music
- Brainstorm additional search terms by finding words with similar meanings.
Explore | Discover | Create