Got Research? We're Here to Help!
If the Library is closed when you call or email us, we will reply on the next day we are open.
Library Location & Hours
The physical library is located in Main Building Room 170. During the summer, our hours are:
7:30 am - 8:00 pm: Monday through Thursday
7:30 am - 4:30 pm: Friday
8:00 am - 4:00 pm: Saturday
For holidays and changes in hours, please see the full Library Calendar.
Our online library is open 24/7, making it possible for you to do your research from anywhere, anytime. When you are working from off-campus, you will need your Cincinnati State College ID number to access most resources. If you are not sure what your 7 digit number is, you can look it up at MyCState by clicking the link for forgotten username/password.
What We Can Do For You
We're happy to help you...
- find the right databases to find the types of resources your professors want
- pick the right search terms so you get results that are relevant
- narrow down your search results so you don't get stuck sifting through hundreds
- point you in the right direction for examples on how to format citations
So what CAN'T we do? Well, we aren't able to...
- pick your resources for you (you're the one who will have to read them)
- edit or write your papers (but the Writing Center might be able to offer some guidance)
- write or correct your citations (but we'll direct you to citation tools & generators)
Main Campus Guides by Subject
- Addiction Sciences
- African American History
- Business Law
- Business Management
- Communications & Public Speaking
- Computer Sciences
- Criminal Justice
- Culinary Arts
- Culture Studies
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Environmental Engineering
- Fire Service
- First Year Experience (FYE)
- Health and Wellness Research
- Hospitality & Restaurant Management
- Human Resources Management
- Interpreter Training
- Labor Relations
- Landscape Design
- Legal / Paralegal
- Literature & Criticism
- Mechanical Engineering
- Nursing Research
- Occupational Therapy
- Pastry Arts
- Poetry Resources
- Political Science
- Respiratory Care